This is a project I am starting to honor my sweet son Gage, who passed away in July of 2009. We spent a short while in the PICU, both here at Huntsville Hospital and at Vanderbilt Children's Hospital where he had a bone marrow trasplant. While I was there, it occured to me that so many parents are caught off guard and unprepared to be in the PICU. My hope is to create parent bags that have supplies to help them through the first few days away from home. Would you please take just a moment to help me?

Friday, July 22, 2011

unexpected donation!

I had to take the kiddos to the pediatrician today. Emily had her 5 year check up and Samuel Tate wasn't feeling so good. At the check out counter I noticed they had a tub of free samples of lotion. I told the lady about the Gifts from Gage bag and asked if I could take a handful. So she got a big bag and dumped the whole tub in there! And then she gave me a package that had 30 small Dove soaps in it. I was so grateful for the unexpected donation!!! So that got me thinking, who else has samples of stuff that they would be willing to donate???

2 comments:

  1. Mary Kay, Avon and other cosmetic companies reps, also pilots and fly attendants ( they travel a lot and have opportunities to ather toiletries and tiny snack packs), school sport teams traveling for competitions, moms groups nd organizations, any groups and organizations...
    I was thinking tha it would be cool to include spirit
    Vita ins in the bags - short piece of scripture, great quote, a word of wisdom and encouragement. I was also thinking that it would be cool to include a disposable camera, to remind people to appreciate every moment with their loved ones...
    Good luck with your project! Would you like to come to our moms club meeting and speak about your project?

    ReplyDelete