This is a project I am starting to honor my sweet son Gage, who passed away in July of 2009. We spent a short while in the PICU, both here at Huntsville Hospital and at Vanderbilt Children's Hospital where he had a bone marrow trasplant. While I was there, it occured to me that so many parents are caught off guard and unprepared to be in the PICU. My hope is to create parent bags that have supplies to help them through the first few days away from home. Would you please take just a moment to help me?

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

1st Dropoff!

Last thursday was the 2nd anniversary of Gage's death. I wanted to do something special so I decided to take the 18 bags I had finished and take them to Huntsville Hospital. The Foundation ladies were SUPER nice and I dropped off 18 bags, 5 blankets my mom had made and some coloring books and crayons. I have enough to make more bags, but 18 was all I had the energy to make at the time. It is obviously not hard work, but memories of Gage were flooding my mind while I was thinking of being in the PICU at Vanderbilt with him for the last time. So I wanted to share what the bags look like! Thank you so much for either donating items or money. My goal is to take at least 20 bags a month so I still need your help!!!






This donation was made by my friend Christy. She had these items in a drawer at her house, leftover from hotel trips!!!

1 comment: