This is a project I am starting to honor my sweet son Gage, who passed away in July of 2009. We spent a short while in the PICU, both here at Huntsville Hospital and at Vanderbilt Children's Hospital where he had a bone marrow trasplant. While I was there, it occured to me that so many parents are caught off guard and unprepared to be in the PICU. My hope is to create parent bags that have supplies to help them through the first few days away from home. Would you please take just a moment to help me?

Monday, June 27, 2011

Ready!

So I heard back from the PICU at HH and they are super excited for us to get started! She said that she would even like to meet me to get to know Gage's story. So my fellow gatherers...get ready because we are going to make a difference! I have a few friends that have already collected items so hopefully I can pick them up this week. I will give you a tally soon as to how much of which supplies we have. I can't wait to make our first donation! I am so glad you all have agreed to go on this journey with me! I have also included a paypal button for donations. This makes me feel a little uncomfortable. I put it there simply because some of you are from different states and still want to help. You all will never know how much this means to me. Feel free to contact me at marypruitt56@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment